Thursday, February 4, 2010

More pattern modifications

Last fall I was on a coffee cozy jag, and knitted up a couple of Carissa's very cool Poison! coffee cozies. Today I'm working late and am facing a one-hour bus ride with a disturbing shortage of knitting - I have only four rows left on the cowl I'm making for my first swap on Ravelry. I was getting rather twitchy just thinking about the interval between knitting the last stitch and arriving at home to cast something on.

So I found a couple of ounces of wool in my laptop bag. Phew! It's the leftover bits from a great little felted bag - Little Slip of a Thing from Diane Sutliff. I think I can finish off tonight's bus ride with a matching coffee cozy, mashing up Carissa's dimensions with a downsized version of Diane's block pattern. Here's the plan:

Little Slip-On Coffee Thing

Pattern:
With CC, CO 40 sts and distribute to dpns. Join, being careful not to twist.
Rnd 1: purl with CC.
Rnd 2: knit with CC.

Rnds 3-4: join MC and knit two rnds.
Rnds 5-6: [k2 CC, k2 MC] around.

Rnds 7-18: Repeat last four rounds three times.

Rnds 19-20: knit with MC
Rnds 21-22: knit with CC.

BO purlwise with CC. Weave in ends. Handwash in hot water with a little dish soap and agitation until it felts to appropriate size. Rinse thoroughly. Blot with towel to absorb excess moisture. Stretch over a glass or plastic cup. Remove and allow to dry completely before use. Go caffeinate yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment